Ceremonial Grade Organic Cacao
Peruvian Criolla Cacao (Theobroma cacao L, creole variety)
Old Faithful partner with a Peruvian cooperative created to carry on the local tradition of farming and supplying medicinal plants and foods made from the highest quality raw material. Minimum possible processing is used in the production of our cacao products in order to preserve the maximum nutritional and medicinal properties. Low fermentation and low temperature without roasting maintain the Cacao's natural purity and quality.
The Peruvian Co-operative work on the principles of:
- Quality rather than quantity
- Diversity, fostering Andean mega-biodiversity, not homogenization
- Promoting an organic system of production
- Income distribution among the people that participate as suppliers, transformers, and traders
- Social responsibility, following the principles of fair trade.
Read about consuming ceremonial cacao at home here
Read our introduction to ceremonial cacao discussing the history and various nutritional & therapeutic benefits of this incredible plant material.